It is a common neurodegenerative disorder, which particularly involves the loss of nigral dopaminergic neurons. Different therapy is tailored to each patient’s response to the drugs and their ability to tolerate them. Moreover the limited responses of motor and many non-motor symptoms may require the addition of other treatments. in this disease the brain starts getting progressively damaged down the years.
Some of the common symptoms of Parkinson disease include
- Stiff muscles (rigidity) and aching muscles.
- Limited movement by the patient
- Weakness experienced for face and throat muscles.
- Facing difficulty with walking and balance
Some of the causes of Parkinson’s disease include
- Environmental factor like pesticide, herbicides and industrial pollution
- Drug induced Parkinsonism
- Cerebral infarction
- Multiple system atrophy
There is currently no permanent treatment for Parkinson’s disease but there are several treatments which could help relieve symptoms and maintain quality of life. Some of the regular treatment includes
- Speech and language therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Suggested treatment is Deep brain stimulation