Spine surgeries are generally damage to the spinal cord. The trauma is an extremely serious & physical trauma that has a significant impact on most aspects of daily life. Our spine contains many nerves, and extends from the brain’s base down the back, close to the buttocks. Surgeries to any of these nerves are termed spinal surgeries.
Signs and symptoms
The signs and symptoms of spinal surgeries includes
- Extreme back pain or pressure in your neck, head or back.
- Weakness, in co-ordination or paralysis in any part of your body.
- Numbness, tingling or loss of sensation in your hands, fingers, feet or toes.
- Loss of bladder or bowel control.
- headache, pressure, stiffness in the back or neck area
- signs of shock
- Becoz of a violent attack like stabbing or a gunshot
- Pain and trauma during a car accident. The trauma could be to the face, head and neck region, back, or chest area.
- head or spinal surgeries during sporting events
- electrical accidents
- severe twisting of the middle portion of the torso
The different types of prevention or risk reducing procedure for spinal surgeries include
- Wearing a seat belt
- Wearing proper protective gear while playing sports.
- Avoid diving into swimming pools by making sure its actual depth.
The treatment of spinal injury may include medication, and surgery, and always requires physical therapy. Many spinal surgeries may be due to either traumatic or non-traumatic reasons. The Non-traumatic causes of spinal surgeries occur over a period of time and include arthritis, cancer, infection, blood vessels problems, bleeding, and inflammation.